Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Northern MI Vacation!

For my parent's 35th wedding anniversary they invited all of their children and their families to vacation on Lake Ann for a week.  We had a relaxing and fun vacation catching up with family.  Evan and I drove from Denver to New Buffalo, MI on June 22nd.  We stayed at Evan's parents cottage for a night and had breakfast with them before we headed up north for the week.

We stayed at a house on Lake Ann about 30 miles from Traverse City from June 23rd until June 29th.



(Our view of Lake Ann every day)

We had a great week with many activities including boating, kayaking, bicycling, running, swimming, shopping, and of course relaxing.  We had many laughs around the dinner table and nightly campfires.  


(Celebrating my parents wedding anniversary and being together!)

Lots of relaxing on the boat....













Beach Days...

(View from above Empire Beach)




(Swimming with the next female triathlete in the fam!)

(Anabelle loved the water!)

(Bethe did too!)


Traverse City Outings...

Mom, Lauren, and I took Kaia and Anabelle for a Traverse City shopping day.  We had a great time with the girls and ended the afternoon with an ice cream treat at my favorite ice cream shop, Kilwins.



Our 2nd Anniversary Celebration...

Evan and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary while on vacation. Evan made dinner recervations at Tratoria Stella in Traverse City.  We had a great dinner and then walked along the Traverse City Bay while we enjoyed ice cream and celebrated our wonderful marriage.  We had an amazing sun set to look at!  






After a great week in northern Michigan we said goodbye to my family and then headed south to Battle Creek to spend a couple days with Evan's family.  We had a fun weekend with them.  We had a couple great dinners with everyone, I had a great pedicure with Nancy, and went on a fun bike ride with Teresa and Nancy.  We were in Battle Creek during the balloon festival which was amazing to see on our bike ride...


We had a great week and it was so great spending time with our family :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I had such a great time with you guys this weekend and I can't wait for you two to come to Madison in October, woot woot!

    P.S. That pic of Anabelle and I cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time with all of you as well! We are excited to visit you guys in Madison! I laughed at the pic of you and Anabelle as well. She was over Traverse City :)

    BTW-I love that you are posting on your blog again! Im excited to try your recipes.

    ReplyDelete