Saturday, July 6, 2013

Leadville Marathon, June 29, 2013

I was incredibly happy with how my Leadville Marathon ended.  I truly had the best time racing and was very excited about my finish time and results. I finished at 5 hours and 52 minutes, 19th out of 118 women, and 162 out of 489 finishers. The most challenging part of the race was climbing up to 13,185 ft along Mosquito Pass but the view the entire climb was absolutely amazing.  I thought the finish was very exciting as I came in with 2 other women racing into the finish.  I had my fastest mile ending the race to make sure I made it in under 6 hours running it at a 7:47 minute/mile pace. I'm sure I will race this marathon again :)


With my support crew before the race!

My view at the race start. I had no idea what the day would bring and was incredibly nervous!



Starting the climb on Mosquito Pass

My view on the way up!

Walking backwards up the climb to get a picture!

Made it to the top and had to get a quick picture before running down






Finished!



Thanks Evan, Mom, Dad, John, and Nancy for all of your support during the marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment